A marketing budget is for a company to plan its marketing spends in a financial year. Companies use this budget plan to raise funds for their department.
You can create a marketing budget plan using this google sheets template available here. In this template, you have 2 tabs. One is for the overview and second is for the actual budget plan details.
The budget plan tab has category wise budget planner. You can input the category name and then record itemised details of the each spend. You can record item name, estimated quantity, estimated cost per unit, estimated sub total, actual quantity, actual cost per unit and actual sub total. Also you can add notes against each item.
In the overview tab you have company details and category details. Categories that you have created in Budget plan tab will appear here with all details like estimated total and actual total.
Finally you have a graphical view showing the estimated vs actual details.
|Name:||Marketing budget plan template|
|Category:||Business, Marketing, Finance|
|Tags:||google sheets marketing budget templates, simple marketing budget template google sheets|
Screenshots of the template:
What is a marketing budget?
A marketing budget is a plan that outlines how much money a company will spend on marketing activities over a certain period of time.
How to plan a marketing budget of a company?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the amount of money a company should spend on marketing will vary depending on factors such as the size of the company, the industry it operates in, and the marketing goals it is trying to achieve. However, there are some general tips that companies can follow when planning their marketing budgets, such as:
1. Identify the company’s marketing goals.
2. Research the marketing strategies that will help achieve those goals.
3. Calculate the costs associated with each marketing strategy.
4. Create a budget that allocate funds to each marketing strategy.
5. Monitor the results of the marketing campaigns to ensure they are meeting the company’s goals.
How to create a marketing budget planner in a spreadsheet?
1. Start by creating a list of all the marketing activities that the company plans to undertake in the upcoming year.
2. For each marketing activity, estimate how much it will cost to execute.
3. Add up all of the estimated costs to get a total marketing budget for the year.
4. Divide the total budget into quarters or months to create a more detailed plan.
5. Allocate funds to each marketing activity based on its importance to the company’s overall goals.
6. Track the results of the marketing campaigns to ensure they are meeting the company’s goals.